Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Running wire in finished ceiling on main floor

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:14:59 -0700 (PDT), Mash
wrote:

On Aug 21, 5:14*pm, (Jerry - OHIO) wrote:
What kind of flooring is above ??
I worked for a builder and once the electrican forgot two light cans in
a kitchen .So we cut the t&g ply flooring above to add the lights,but if
you have hard wood you can't.

Sure you can. Just get a *harder* saw.

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/CARWRECK

Newly installed carpet above. Not sure if I want to rip it up...

Could cut a U-shaped cut, fold up the inside, do the work, fold it
down and stick it somehow.

The guy I bought my house spilled paint in the middle of the bedroom
and couldn't get it out and had to cut out a 6x6inch piece and replace
it with a piece from a closet**. I can see where this was done, but
don't notice it much and if the nap were thicker or different maybe I
wouldn't see it. If it were under the bed I know I wouldn't see it,
but of course, he wouldn't have spilled something under the bed.

25 years and the patch hasn't come up at all.

**That's what he told me, but I've been in every closet and found no
pieces missing or with paint stains. Very strange.

And it's better if one keeps the scraps when the carpet is installed.
I went to the carpet store that he had hired 4 years earlier (he gave
me all the receipts) and I was able to get a section of matching
kitchen vinyl linoleum, but no carpeting. The manager, a woman, said
that when they leave the scraps, the wives call up and complain.
Stupid women.