IMM

Default Thermostatic or electric shower from combi

"Andy R" wrote in message

We've sold the house now so the prob's disappeared but running 100ft of

new
water pipe to the road would be enough to put me off a combi if I did the
project again. We had a Baxi 105e and a 15mm incoming main with a decent
flow rate for that size pipe, however, I'm not convinced you can get

enough
water through a 15mm pipe for a house where there is more than one person
using the water at once. You can compromise and fit restrictors then have
kitchen sinks that take forever to fill up if someone's having a shower or
lavatory cisterns that take so long to fill you're embarrassed to let

guests
use the loo after you. IMHO if you're in a house that's got any more than
two people living in it and you must have a combi then you need two of

them
(or a thermal store or something) and a 22mm or more incoming main.

As a general rule are you correct, and it is wise to split the hot and cold
supplies as the cold water enters the building. But I do know of some 15mm
pipe systems that cope super well, but these have high pressure to start
with and are not 100 metres from the water main in the road. It appears
yours is near a worst case example.

I know of Worcester-Bosch HighFlow combis' that are fed from a 15mm mains
pipe and the hot and cold supplies are split at the stop cock. They
certainly can cope two or three taps at the same time.

The moral is assess the cold water mains supply for suitability.

---