Posted to rec.woodworking
Hoosierpopi Hoosierpopi is offline

Default Plans or pictures of a Stock Cart

Jeeze, a guy comes to us to ask for links to plans. He gets one
referral and a page or two of crap.

I saw the thread [Today's most active topics:] and thought "I'll take
a look, maybe there will be some fresh ideas or interesting solutions
referenced."

Such a disappointment. And this one one of the "most active" threads!

If your friend or neighbor came over and asked you where he could find
plans or ideas for a stock cart/storage system, would you help or give
him grief?

And, if you simply don't have anything positive or informative or
helpful, can't you simply restrain your compulsive need to respond and
move on to the next post?

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/l...rage_racks.php

Free Woodworking Plans - Lumber Storage Racks
(return)
# Lumber Cart Rack and Panel cuttter (PDF)
This is a very smart solution. It combines the storage capacity of a
mobile lumber storage cart and utilizes the side of the cart for panel
cutting. ShopNotes Magazine May 2008 Issue 99.
# Bed, Single - 2x4 lumber
I needed an extra bed in my old house for one of the tenants. Rather
than buy something, I decided to just build a bed out of construction
lumber.
# Rack, Lumber
by Grant Smith - I made up a lumber rack capable of storing over 1000
bd ft of lumber for around $200 about two years ago. It is made up of
½’ black iron pipe for shelves and 4x4x10’ lumber for the uprights. As
an added bonus, it also features sheet stock storage behind it. The
unit is an A-frame affair that partially leans on a wall. It is
scalable so you can decide how long you want to make it. The design
allows easy sorting and browsing of lumber from the side.
# Rack, Lumber - Sheet Goods
Host David Thiel creates a storage rack for tall sheet goods.
# Rack, Lumber
This example of a lumber rack is made with one-inch diameter
galvanized pipe. The rack stores hardwood boards and sheets of
plywood. You can screw the lumber rack into a permanent spot in your
shop, or add casters so you can move it around where you need.
# Rack, Lumber Cart - Sheet Goods
The sheet goods cart has several features, including a kickstand to
steady the cart when it’s not moving. It has a handle attached to the
back of a large sheet of 3/4 inch plywood to control the cart when
pushing. It also has two fixed caster that work like a skate. A wooden
lip keeps the sheet goods from sliding off the front of the cart.
# Stand, Lumber
Host David Thiel is joined by a viewer from Denver, who offers a great
idea for making a stand that holds long pieces of lumber.
# Rack, Lumber Cart - Roll Around Plywood
Let the wheels do the work with our simple but effective plywood-
toting runabout.