Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Veering OT: New Unisaw - The flag is back

Leon wrote:

I guess it all depends on what the local economy can afford. In Houston the
ratio appears to be much greater, you see lots more new Tundra's than you
see new Ford, GM and Dodge combined.

Tundras sell very, very well in New England, as well.

I thought this was funny...

Back in 2005, I shopped for a new truck. Smaller trucks, with a minimum
6' bed, 4WD, and "1-1/2" cabs fit my personal needs best. If I could
get it, I'd love a longer bed, but none are available in the US. I test
drove Rangers, Tacomas, Frontiers, Canyons, chose the best truck for me
and bought it.

About 9 months after I bought my truck, I noticed that Dodge Dakotas
were still made! I had totally forgotten that Dodge made a smaller
truck. G I drive by a large Dodge dealer several times daily, but
the front yard was always lined with Hemi-Rams and Magnums!

I doubt the Dakota would have changed my final results, but I thought it
silly that a serious truck buyer wasn't aware the truck existed. What a
marketing plan...