Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default New electric meter - how to read ( Economy 7 tarriff reader)

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:55:39 +0100 someone who may be "endymion"
wrote this:-

According to your link, what I gain on the swings I loose on the roundabout,
which probably explains why they didnt show up.

If you used an on-line "comparison" tool you were perhaps not aware
that these generally don't show all suppliers with their default
settings.

There have been various defences by the on-line comparison guide
operators of the fact that they have programmed this behaviour into
their software. I have never been convinced by any of these
defences. In the absence of any convincing argument to the contrary
I continue to note that the on-line "comparison" sites generally
promote those suppliers who give a (small) payment for everyone who
switches via the site. A lot of small payments add up to a large
payment. Follow the money is still a good approach.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh