Posted to uk.d-i-y
endymion endymion is offline

Default New electric meter - how to read ( Economy 7 tarriff reader)

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:37:24 +0100 someone who may be "endymion"
wrote this:-

But I dont have that option. Equpower do not supply to my area. I have
checked. [snip]

I have checked with a lot of different sites and worked the figures in
many
ways. As I said above other than paperless billing I have got the cheapest
deal I can get here. We do not have this equ popwer thing in my area and
my
main choices at the top oof all lists are either scotishpower or british
gas fixed price.

Where is this place where you can get electricity from Scottish
Power and British Gas, but not Ebico? The map at
http://www.ebico.co.uk/html/e_rates.php shows where electricity is
available from Ebico (and the other two companies). As long as you
are not in Northern Ireland you should be able to get electricity
from all three, if you are in Northern Ireland I understand that you
have the "choice" of one supplier.

According to your link, what I gain on the swings I loose on the roundabout,
which probably explains why they didnt show up.

day: 14.67p per KWh (inc VAT)
night: 5.24p per KWh (inc VAT)

My cuurrent rates are 16p for day rate and 4.5 for night rate.

Their day rate is lower, their night rate is higher. Overall difference on
my consumption at current readings would be a couple of quid.