Grunff

Default Watch battery life

John Laird wrote:

(Hmm, slightly OT but this is one of the more knowledgeable groups around)

After a recent trip to Maplin to rejuvenate my 4 analogue watches (4
*different* tiny silver oxide batteries, too), I paused to wonder whether it
isn't a bad idea to leave the adjuster screw pulled out when not in use ?

This stops the hands moving on all of them, and while it may not actually
cut the supply to the electronics(*), presumably not having to turn the
mechanism may prolong the battery life ?

I /think/ that pulling out the adjuster only disengages the
drive, rather than disconnecting the motor. Could be wrong.

--
Grunff