Posted to rec.woodworking
Australopithecus scobis[_2_] Australopithecus scobis[_2_] is offline

Default Hand Saw Sharpening Inquiry

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 17:01:17 GMT, "Philly"
wrote:

Does anyone on the rec do there own sharpening of large crosscut and rip
hand saws? If so, what do you do for a saw vise? I am interested in an old
Disston #3 saw vise and would like to know if anyone on the rec has run in
to anybody looking to sell one at a good price.

I just shaped a couple lengths of 1x4, put the whole sandwich in the
bench vise. Yeah, a little fussy because it's not hinged but as rarely
as it's needed not so big a deal.

--
"Keep your ass behind you."