Posted to rec.woodworking
dabears525 dabears525 is offline

Default Plans or pictures of a Stock Cart

I was not trying to start a ****ing contest!
I read this group every day and get great ideas or tips from many of the
good contributors. To bad they didn't show up today.
Buying the plan was not the issue. Many times Norm's or anyone else's shop
tools or jigs have been improved upon by many
of you. I was just seeking your advise for a "better mousetrap".
I thought that's what this group did was share ideas or show off completed
projects.

To all of you with the money/plans issues, you call yourselves woodworkers?
You have been inhaling too much sawdust.
Anyone can snipe from the outside but it takes a craftsperson to share their
experience or help someone.
Thanks to the two who did give a decent reply.

wrote in message
On Aug 21, 10:54 pm, "dabears525" wrote:
Any one have any good plans to share for a stock cart similar to the one
Norm built on episode # 0603?
Would you make the shelves adjustable or in a fixed position?

You really don't need plans for something like this. I used fixed
shelves, you want it to be solid. My philosophy with things for the
shop is scraps and pocket screws first, ask questions later. I made
mine with shelves sized 24"x16" which allowed me to get 3 shelves out
of one piece of 2'x4' melamine, I have a 4th shelf at the bottom from
scrap ply. I have about 11" from the top of a shelf to the bottom of
the rail above it. The size works for me, small enough to get
anywhere in my shop. I like the melamine because I do small glue-ups
on it, the glue pops off the melamine easily.