Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New electric meter - how to read ( Economy 7 tarriff reader)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:48:01 +0100, endymion wrote:

However you want to argue the figures ,

I don't. I was just pointing out that extrapolation to 90 days fro one
nights reading is likely to be very misleading.

Night rate is 4p a unit. Day rate is 16p a unit ( and 30p for the first
125units) . Just imagine the hike in bill on 5000 units at 16p a unit.

I think you need to look around for a better deal. Our Equipower E7 is
4.27 and 13.18 (+ 5% VAT) and no Tier 1 or 2 rubbish or standing charge
either. Have a look at some of the switching sites, going for a paperless,
online, monthly fixed direct debit, standing charge (either daily or Tier
1/2) normally gets you the best prices but you really have to look at the
actual tarrif details and plug them into a spreadsheet with your useage to
see which really is the cheapest. Some tarrifs are now not equal between
daily standing charge and "no standing charge" ie Tier 1/2 even if you use
all the Tier 1 power. Don't trust the switching sites, they make
assumptions that may not apply to you.

--
Cheers
Dave.