Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Veering OT: New Unisaw - The flag is back

But now they are all rowing the same boat, and folks around here in
the trades are going with what they know, which is the big three
American brands. There are no Toyota fleet trucks around here. I
don't even know a company that buys them. So that leaves Toyota back
with the lowly public consumer.

That jibes w/ what I observe in farm country w/ oil as the secondary
industry use. I've not seen a single Halliburton, Schlumberger, Best,
or any other service or pipeline vehicle other than the Big 3.

Last time there was even one on the lot in town it was still at least
20% list above GM product and as noted, it was in the pimped out version.

The lack of the diesel really hurt them here where the amount of heavy
towing is quite high -- if not large stock/horse trailers, anhydrous
ammonia tanks into soft, sandy fields take torque and lugging power.

There are a few I know who use them to take the dogs out for pheasant
hunting, but that's about as rugged a use as they get. That's not
"work" in my way of thinking...well it's work, but not for the truck.