Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Veering OT: New Unisaw - The flag is back

Leon wrote:
... The Tundra
was $5,000 more than the GMC and I had no problem with paying the
difference. The Toyota ride and feel was that much better.

Do yourself a favor and at least test drive the Tundra.

For a truck to use as a real truck I see no advantage whatsoever in the
Tundra. AFAIK still no diesel available(?), higher price, lower
payload, and at least here the resale value is, if not terrible, not
good (worse than Ford, even)...

Dodge is by far top farm truck locally, followed by Chevy. Ford is tops
in the oil patch fleets by a (relatively slim) margin over Chevy. Dodge
hasn't made inroads there for some reason in the fleet sales.

I've stayed w/ Chevy simply because everything we've ever had has been a
Chevy going back to the '28 I learned to drive in (and which we used
daily as a feed wagon until the late '50s) and consequently know the
dealership so thoroughly there's no reason to switch. I'm sure could
get by w/ the Tundra (the same dealership also has Toyota but they
outsell the Tundra by 10:1 w/ Chevy for work-oriented trucks according
to Pete). Their Toyota auto says are about even w/ GM products, however.