Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jasen Betts[_2_] Jasen Betts[_2_] is offline

Default LM78XX schematic from 1978 National Semi Linear Data Book -Linear Voltage Regulators Roy Ferranti APN27.pdf (0/1)

On 2008-08-22, John Popelish wrote:
Tom Del Rosso wrote:

How big would a PDF be? I don't know how their compression compares.

My cleaned up, cropped and half size versions are about
1/8th M each, so if the PDF compression factor is about the
same as GIF compression, the whole 16 pages should take
about 2 M if made with my copies.

I did only colour reduction (to 4 colours) and produced a 3.6 meg PDF at
the original resolution (down from 11 meg)

reducing the number of pixels by 75% got me only a 3% reduction in size.
(and it looked ugly when zoomed)

PDF lossless compression (deflate based) seems about as good as gif
(LZW based).

When I used 2 bit EPS files to produce the pdf I got the very close to
the same size as the sum of the gifs of the pages.

Bye.
Jasen