Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default dryer vent install

On Aug 22, 8:23*am, "Bob" wrote:
Good Friday - I am running a dryer vent through as a outside wall in the
laundry room. *Is there a trick to cutting the inside and outside 4 inch
holes so they line up? *The studs are 2x6 inch. *The outside wall placement
is an area that is hard to reach from a ladder, so I don't have easy access
for a lot of outside measuring. *Thank you

Locate the studs, plumbing (don't forget vents!) and electrical lines
first, pick the more critical side and use a 12" bit to drill through
the wall, then use your hole saw or recip to cut the holes from both
sides.