Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I haul a new water heater home on its side?

What's worse, if the preheated water leaks below a certain level, air gets
into the extrabulator, and oxidizes the catalyst. The catalyst in a HWH is
almost the complete price of the entire unit, to replace. So, maybe you'd
best have a plumber out to do the install?

OTOH, just put the HWH tank in your truck, smile, and be done with it.
Please use lead free solder.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message

I wouldn't try it. Most if not all of the preheated water that is
installed at the factory will leak out. Water heaters are notoriously
hard to prime if the factory installed water gets out.