Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

Default Steel grades

Thanks folks....Jim especially, for that primer.

Yes, I'm talking about sheet and forgot to mention that I will be
painting the piece
with either a 2 part system or a powder coat.

So, I would imagine if it's painted right away -- corrrosion isn't an
issue?

The good thing about this software is you can do the part and then put
in different material choices for
an instant quote....so I'll try some of those numbers.

An 050 steel is ideal for this part because I'm using a thin magnetic
strip to hold the piece on.

It's just a 7" by 2.5" lid with (2) sharp 90 bends.

1018 -- 12L14 -- I'll try some of those numbers.