Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default LV Lighting question

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Syke wrote:
I have some Low Voltage kitchen ceiling lights, each with its own
transformer. Recently, one of them has run for about a minute and then
gone out. I've checked for overheating which was my first guess, but
it's not that. I've also checked for loose connections but no luck
there either. Any suggestions?

Can you get at the 'transformers' easily? If so swap the affected one with
another. Some types fit through the fitting hole so are quite easy to
change. If the fault moves with the transformer you have the answer.
But my guess is you've got a SMPS rather than transformer type and it's
developed a fault. They are so cheap you just replace them.

They are so cheap its not worth testing them IMO.

Replace lamp (~50p) and then transformer (~275p).