Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Can I haul a new water heater home on its side?

On Aug 21, 10:45*pm, Big_Jake wrote:
On Aug 21, 10:49 am, wrote:

Do I need to take the trailer to HD to get a new water heater or can I
lay the box on its side in the bed of my truck? I have a fiberglass
topper and the heater is too tall to stand up.

The boxes say "This side up" and whatnot, but it's a water heater...
I'd like to save gas and just get the heater on the way home instead
of making a special trip.

I have never seen so much BS in a thread on this group. *I have NEVER
hauled a water heater standing up, and I have installed between 35 and
50 in my lifetime. *The ONLY thing that you have to watch out for is
that you don't smack the gas valve while transporting it, which is
clearly marked as "control" on one side. *If the heater is electric,
you don't even have to worry about it.

JK

I have never seen so much BS in a thread on this group.

What BS?

If my math is correct, 99% of the responders either said it was OK to
haul it on it's side or made a joke about it. The only one who said to
haul it upright missed the part where the OP said he had a cap on his
truck, and then corrected himself.

Where's the BS you mention?