Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Four Years Structural Liability

"John Wheeler" wrote in message
I have a home that was built with a costly structural defect. One of
the load bearing stud walls was built without adequate concrete
footing.

I contacted the home builder, who told me to contact a structural
engineer. The engineer informed me that the home builder was liable
for structural defects for four years after the home's construction.
Can anyone point me to an online reference with this information or
anything helpful.

Thanks

Laws regarding this issue will vary from state to state as do contractor
laws. You could try contacting the state office (If any) that regulates the
contractors and builders. As someone else mentioned, your best bet is to do
an initial consultation with an attorney who specializes in construction
law. You can look online all you want and talk to plenty of civil servants
and get all kinds of advice from a newsgroup, but the one person who has
experience with the laws and issues will be a local attorney. Then you will
be well informed to decide how to proceed. Sometimes the laws are written
in such a way that you can recoup your legal fees.