Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Can I haul a new water heater home on its side?

On Aug 21, 11:49*am, wrote:
Do I need to take the trailer to HD to get a new water heater or can I
lay the box on its side in the bed of my truck? I have a fiberglass
topper and the heater is too tall to stand up.

The boxes say "This side up" and whatnot, but it's a water heater...
I'd like to save gas and just get the heater on the way home instead
of making a special trip.

1 - Cut a hole in the topper just a tad bigger then the box.
2 - Slip the box in up-right
3 - At home, take the WH out of the box and put the box back in the
hole for extra storage
4 - Stay out of the rain