Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I haul a new water heater home on its side?

On Aug 21, 11:49*am, wrote:
Do I need to take the trailer to HD to get a new water heater or can I
lay the box on its side in the bed of my truck? I have a fiberglass
topper and the heater is too tall to stand up.

The boxes say "This side up" and whatnot, but it's a water heater...
I'd like to save gas and just get the heater on the way home instead
of making a special trip.

Yes, you can lay it on it's side, unless it's one of the new ones that
comes pre-filled with water. You know, like the antifreeze they have
now that comes with 50% water as a convenience.

I'd say the this side up is the preferred shipping and/or stacking
direction. But for an easy ride in a truck, side will be fine.