Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Garden fence treatment

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:49:42 +0100, "Vortex3"
wrote:

"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

"EricP" wrote in message
Just bought twenty 6x6 panels and I have decided to treat them now
instead of leaving for a year and then treating them.

Recommendations on what to use please?

I would like a colour like light gold, not brown, or perhaps a light
green. Something that will be absorbed, but will work and preserve
and last for a few years.

With the fav creosote now sadly gone I am a bit lost.

I also sadly miss creosote but there is always creosote substitute.
Wickes stocks a light gold, the Bartoline website mentions Conifer Green
though I have never seen it.

Jim A

You can still get genuine creosote at my local builders merchant. I haven't
tried to purchase any because it's in 25 Litre containers. It might be old
stock, but it's definitely there.

Nothing can be less pleasant that creosote substitute in my experience.

So I have been told, and thanks for confirming. Thanks for the tip
about the real stuff. I may be able to club together with a couple of
neighbours!