Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vortex3 Vortex3 is offline

Default Garden fence treatment

"Jim Alexander" wrote in message

"EricP" wrote in message
Just bought twenty 6x6 panels and I have decided to treat them now
instead of leaving for a year and then treating them.

Recommendations on what to use please?

I would like a colour like light gold, not brown, or perhaps a light
green. Something that will be absorbed, but will work and preserve
and last for a few years.

With the fav creosote now sadly gone I am a bit lost.

I also sadly miss creosote but there is always creosote substitute.
Wickes stocks a light gold, the Bartoline website mentions Conifer Green
though I have never seen it.

Jim A

You can still get genuine creosote at my local builders merchant. I haven't
tried to purchase any because it's in 25 Litre containers. It might be old
stock, but it's definitely there.

Nothing can be less pleasant that creosote substitute in my experience.