Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
legg legg is offline

Default LM78XX schematic from 1978 National Semi Linear Data Book - Linear Voltage Regulators Roy Ferranti APN27.pdf (0/1)

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:59:46 -0400, John Popelish
wrote:

legg wrote:
John Popelish wrote:

http://www.national.com/rap/Applicat...570,24,00.html
Which of the example structures in this reference do you
think is most closely related to the one I showed for the
LM78XX? None look similar to my not so educated eye.

I found an example of Band-Gap regulator reference bootstrapping in an
old design note from ~'83. This is Ferranti APN-27 by Bill Roy. Figure
3-7 shows a regular bandgap arrangement, while fogure 3-8 shows
bootstrapping similar to the 780x series.

Thanks for this document. It is rare in its explanation of
an internal detail of IC operation. It is the sort of thing
I have been looking for in my efforts to understand and
model these linear regulators.

For the next few days, the rest of the AN is uploaded to:

http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-01.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-02.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-03.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-04.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-05.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-06.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-07.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-08.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-09.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-10.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-11.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-12.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-13.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-14.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-15.jpg
http://www.magma.ca/~legg/TVS/apn27-16.jpg

At 1M a page; couldn't get these smaller without loosing drawing
detail, in any format.

RL