Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.engineering.maintenance
Paul Flansburg Paul Flansburg is offline

Default Please help Burnham RSM-126 oil furnace won't heat hot waterafter vacation

On Aug 20, 10:33*pm, Donita Luddington wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:28:48 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:
CO alarm for your home in any case...
and make sure there is no blockage in the flue or chimney

Will check this weekend!
Thanks Mark - you were one of the more helpful human beings out there.
Much appreciated!

One thing, nozzles are very sensitive and fraggle. Just cleaning it
will not solve the problem, completely. You need to look at all the
filters, tank and pump, to make sure they are not clogging up OR
clogged. I would have changed the nozzle instead of cleaning it. If
your burner is clogging up with that much dirt, dust, hair,....and so
forth you should have some one come in and break it down and vac it
out completely. Then I would look at the overall enviroment that the
burner is subjected to to keep the build up at a minimum. I once
cleaned a burner/boiler in a house were the guy used the room as a
wood working shop......What a mess!! I convinced the guy to close off
the burner room by moving around his tools to keep things a little
cleaner. Now he's down to maintanence once a year. It still pays to
have a technician come in and inspect/clean/repair your burner at
least once a year!!!