Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default Replacement mower blades

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:04:57 -0400, Don Phillipson wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message

I've got a Sears Craftsman (Murray) 30" riding mower. Per the manual
the replacement blade is a 56060HT.

Searching for this model online I'm getting many hits plus more that
cross reference a newer series. Then comes the confusion factor as
these blades often have different center hole sizes, .850", 7/8"x1" and
27/32. Even the original blade depending upon website may list any one
of the three.

Are all three sizes truly interchangeable?

My experience with a (Troy-Bilt) mower was that manufacturers and
vendors use different part numbers. The only way to match a replacement
part is to take the old unit to the store.

Problem I'm seeing is the exact same part number shown as having
different center hole sizes.