Posted to alt.home.repair
RLM RLM is offline

Default OT? Need to precisely cut a PCB

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:54:56 -0400, David L. Martel wrote:

Rick,

I don't think that a home hobbyist will be able to do this. Look at
that
0.05 mm tolerance. How will you measure hundredths of a millimeter?

Dave M.

Wet or dry sandpaper. I imagine he really means within .5mm The size board
he is using if it is a home project is possibly only going to have less
than a dozen components. More likely 6-8 components. 30mm x 30mm is about
the size I used for a transistor ignition for a motorcycle. Fits right in
one of the small Radio Shack project boxes. This is the board I used.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...Id=2104052&cp=

Cut it with a box (utility) knife, broke off clean and sanded the edge.