Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default Spring loaded ball bearing.

Go someplace where they replace ball bearings and ask them for bad ones.
Cut the outer race apart and you will have balls. ---You did say
balls--- I just went to an electric motor repair shop last week and
asked for (in my case) the biggest bearings they had. They gave me 3.
Too large for your application, but, of course, they come in lots of
different diameters.

You can buy the balls at MSC. etc..

Pete Stanaitis

Synergy wrote:

How do you machine or fabricate a spring loaded ball bearing such as used
for indexing or tool holding? An example of what I am talking about is the
spring loaded ball that is on a socket ratchet or the end of a socket
extension bar.

Thanks