Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default "We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

Don Klipstein wrote:

Watch out for WM having WM-specific versions of merchandise, such as
lighter weight version of "personal size" frozen pizzas of a specific
brand and censored CDs.

Don't know about that. But I do know Walmart has insisted that manufacturers
of some food products reduce the size of their packaging thereby reducing
costs. For example, a box of cereal that's half air with the explanation
"contents may have settled during shipment" crap. The reality is that the
cereal company found that people THOUGHT they were getting more with simply
a bigger box! Walmart cracked down on that and saved themselves enormous
sums in shipping air around the country.

Just look at the "X" ounce box of Kellog's Corn Flakes at Walmart and
compare the box to the same ounce-size at your local market.

Walmart also insists on reasonable packaging. Again, they've insisted that
packaging protect the contents, not serve as a vehicle for advertising. In
some cases, the overall weight of the product has been halved!