Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.engineering.maintenance
Donita Luddington Donita Luddington is offline

Default Please help Burnham RSM-126 oil furnace won't heat hot water after vacation

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:57:48 -0700 (PDT), Paul Flansburg wrote:
Taking the boiler a part isn't going to fix the problem. I think I
would start with the burner....

Thanks everyone! It's fixed!

Without Mark, RBM, Phil Again, Siskuwihane, J. Clarke, starrin, & Paul, I
wouldn't have figured it out!

The Burnham oil furnace is working beautifully now!

With all the emails about combustion, I felt comfortable looking a little
further at what was rally going on. I cleaned the nozzle again and then I
cleaned the air intake around the nozzle.

All seems well now!

BTW, it was always firing (sometimes it wouldn't stay lit however) so there
was never any "pooling" that some of the posts warned about.

Thank you all so much for your help.
You are one smart bunch!!!