Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Portable Generator

On Aug 19, 6:55*pm, Dottie wrote:
We bought a Troy-bilt portable generator with Briggs & Stratton
engine. *It is 5000 watt with electric start. *The book says it will
run 10 hours on 1/2 load - but it doesn't say how to set it on 1/2
load. *My neighbor has a different brand of generator and it has a
place to set it on 1/2 load. *Anybody here familiar with Troy-bilt?
Does anyone know of a book with "how to" instructions ... the one that
came with this thing assumes the user knows a lot more than we do.

Not same but I have a Power Boss with B&S engine about same power
(5,500 continuous running and 7,350 peak start) only controls are on/
off switch and choke. Just says it will use about 2 five gallon tanks
of gas in full day running. There are no settings on engine and most
generators are cobbled up from different company parts and there
should be separate booklets for engine and generating unit. I've had
to use the generator several time but never used more than a tank of
gas per outage even over a day as I turn it off when sleeping or out
of the house.