Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default Plastic Drilling Question - Small Hole Process....

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
. ..
For purposes of determining the problem, can they stop the drill short,
say 1x drill dia deep? If so, give it a shot and see if the burr is still
there. I'm wondering if at 10k rpm, the chip coming out of the hole might
not be rubbing, melting and displacing some of the material.

The short peck wouldn't leave a burr unless John C. is right. Not saying
he's not, just trying to offer an alternate thought.

They could do a one-time peck... A trial per say... But the drill itself
is not set up for peck drilling. It's a limited use machien we sell when a
customer needs high RPM or has a space constraint for the machine.

Might help diagnose the problem, but not necessarily solve it for them...

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R