Posted to alt.home.repair
John Wheeler John Wheeler is offline

Default Can someone explain what this means to me?

Thanks for the information Tom. Unfortunately, I don't have the
fortune of living in this house much longer. I am relocating due to
job, so my house is pending sale. This is one of the items the
inspector advised the buyer should be fixed before moving forward with
the contract.

That being said, I am trying to be as proactive as possible about
fixing it. I've been reading my home warranty which provides 10-year
structural, as I think is relatively common. There is one clause that
bothers me about the items excluded, and it might or might not be a
big deal. Specifically it says:

Basement and other interior floating, ground supported concrete slabs.

I don't have a basement, but I am speculating whether or not this is
and "other interior floating, ground supported concrete slab" issue.

Also, on the "included" section of the structural warranty, it
mentions "Floor systems." I am hoping this problem falls within the
definition of that.

The warrantor requires a $250 inspection fee, and only provides a
mailing address. There is an emergency phone number, but it mentions
only contacting it in case of eminent injury. I am thinking of calling
it anyway. I am fairly concerned about this problem... I haven't had
to deal with a home warranty company before, and I don't know, in
general, what the experience is like (are the expedient, dodgy, etc).

Any experiences or furher ideas about the original problem would again
be greatly appreciated.
Thanks