Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.consumers.house
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default sealant around steel shed

Frank wrote:
"john hamilton" wrote in message
Have just erected a yardmaster tin shed. I need to put a 'sealant'
around the edge of the steel frame base where it sits on the
concrete foundation, to prevent water traveling in under the frame.

I normally get things like sealants from Wickes or Screwfix, but
there are a bewildering array of different sealants available. Would anyone recommend which would be the one to use
in this
particular application please?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

If something like the above, don't think it needs any sealant.

Its not the shed that matters, what matters is whether the concrete its
mounted on gets standing water on it. If it does, it will get in under the
bottom of the walls and what is inside the shed will get wet.

Have three of this and it never leaked

He's not saying that the shed itself leaks, just that water can get between the concrete floor and the walls.

- the roof will rust out befor it will leak. Mine were Arrow, not Yardmaster but it look the same.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...Den%26sa %3DG