Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Portable Generator

Dottie wrote:
We bought a Troy-bilt portable generator with Briggs & Stratton
engine. It is 5000 watt with electric start. The book says it will
run 10 hours on 1/2 load - but it doesn't say how to set it on 1/2
load. My neighbor has a different brand of generator and it has a
place to set it on 1/2 load. Anybody here familiar with Troy-bilt?
Does anyone know of a book with "how to" instructions ... the one that
came with this thing assumes the user knows a lot more than we do.

Plug in stuff that reaches 1/2 of the maximum load (i.e., 2500 watts or
about 20 amps).