Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Old Vigor Burnout Furnace adapted to heat treating

In article ,

On 2008-08-19, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
"DoN. Nichols" wrote:

[ ... ]

The simpler explanation is that someone replaced the pilot light when
the original got annoying.

Certainly possible -- especially if the pilot is easy to get to.

I hereby invoke Occam's Razor.

Another invocation thereof would be that while the oven may be
fairly old, that it was not used very much, so the aging of the lamp has
been postponed. :-)

The rest of the furnace looks like it's seen some miles.

[ ... ]

If you're in the Irish part, sure. They would say that. :-)

Well, the wife is Irish. Close enough?

That will do, I think. :-)

Mine is French-Canadian, so I don't have that excuse. :-)

They must have a suitable phrase that can be translated.

My favorite is "My Wife, The Moon" in transliteration. My wife asserts
that this cannot be translated (versus transliterated), but I think that
the meaning is quite clear. The common root is lunacy and lunatic.

:-)

That wasn't her reaction. But it was worth it.

Joe Gwinn