Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi Plumbers tools

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Aldi have these on offer from Thursday
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...08-08-15-11-27

I bought a set last time they had them. The waterpump pliers are
excellent, well worth £7:99 on their own. The waste pliers are also
excellent for getting that extra turn on a compression waste. Never
used the stiltsons but they are very solidly made.

Real bargain.

If you are using them occasionally for DIY, then they are fine. A
serious pipe fitter would laugh at them as they would last a month or
so.

Good job I posted to UK DIY and not UK Serious Pipe Fitters then innit?

I've used the pliers almost on a daily basis for 18 months, they show no
signs of wear or damage.

Indeed - as I'd expect. Some time ago I bought the pliers and cutters set
from Lidl and the cutters were the equal of very much more expensive ones
- they coped fine with piano wire.

Dribble, of course, is the one who cuts plastic pipe with a hacksaw and
floods the street. So has little knowledge about the tools required for
plumbing.

--
*Elephants are the only mammals that can't jump *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.