Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Simon Bob Simon is offline

Default Can I make a used door fit my frame?

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:59:08 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

From context, I presume that by "scab" you mean an extension to
the door. I question if this could be made to look good. If not,
it's not really a suitable option.

This is what Mr. Bell had in mind:

Extend the bottom of the door with a piece of hardwood, using biscuits
or dowels, and then cover the seam with a brass kickplate so it looks
similiar to this:

http://site.lookintheattic.com/BA/KickPlateHome.jpg

Yes, the kick plates come without the numbers.

Yes. that is certainly attractive. Thanks. I had no idea. Where do
you buy a kickplate? Does Lowes or Home Depot carry them?

I'm now convinced that this project is indeed feasible. I think I'll