Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.engineering.maintenance
Paul Flansburg Paul Flansburg is offline

Default Please help Burnham RSM-126 oil furnace won't heat hot waterafter vacation

On Aug 10, 9:57*pm, Bruce wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:16:53 -0400, Special Ed wrote:
seeking a solution to a real problem
while providing little if any critical and
descriptive information so that people can help...

Actually, being in the business, I'd rather prefer a lot more people like
you Special Ed, who know full well that any home boiler problem is well
beyond the homeowner's expertise.

What the homeowner needs to do is call a professional as she couldn't hope
to solve the problem with help from this google group. Nobody here can help
her even get to first base on this.

The only way to solve this problem is to disassemble the boiler and clean
it out pronto! We charge 120 an hour for the estimate but you get all that
back for free once we do the work. At those prices, it doesn't pay for a
homeowner to try to save money themselves.

Bruce,

Taking the boiler a part isn't going to fix the problem. I think I
would start with the burner....

-paul