Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Apostasy: Texan can't park pickup in driveway

On Aug 18, 5:49*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Aug 18, 2:35*pm, "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
"[FRISCO, TX] Jim Greenwood said he never dreamed his HOA would have a
problem with his new Ford F-150 pickup. Then he received the first of three
notices threatening him with fines.

"Stonebriar HOA rules allow several luxury trucks on driveways, including
the Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Avalanche, Honda Ridgeline and Lincoln Mark LT.

"But most Ford, Dodge or Chevy pickups are restricted."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ws/stories/DN-....

Why is a Honda Ridgeline considered a luxury truck? *What makes it
more luxurious than an F-150 or Silverado?

Wait, wait, I know this one! *It's the same reason that these idjits
think all foreign wine tastes better than domestic.

Probably because even though it was built/assembled in Tennessee (like
our 2002 Nissan pickup purchased here in Canada) it has a Japanese
name.

Don't worry when Indian Tata and/or Chines/Korean/Indonesian cheaper
electric cars etc. start appearing on our highways, costing one tenth
in electric fuel than gasoline some idiot/s will try to ban them too!
Bit expensive and limited rang right now; but like computers, VCRs,
DVD players the price will come down and availability increase.

BTW anyone see Jay Leno driving his 1909 electric car. And then the
demonstrator 2008 electric Tesla (partly British Lotus, assembled in
California). More fun than a Miata or an MG; oh gee! Neither of them
are North American either!

To be acceptable in our 'bling' societies things have to be big,
wasteful, polluting, too expensive and showy.

BTW We rented a U-Haul yesterday to bring home some used lumber, now
stacked in our back yard, hauling it behind our used 2006 Nissan
X.Terra.

This fall or next spring an associate is going to 'give' me a 12 by 20
shed that will rebuild in our back yard, hopefully as 14 by 20+ shed.
Already asked the municipality and since it is in our back yard and
does not contravene any street building line, in this town of the Free
and the Brave, the town clerk can approve it without reference to the
town council.

Anyway, got to go; it's beautiful day up here in the 'big' country
(mid 70s) and I have towels and bed sheets in the washer to hang out
on the clothesline. We even hear in this day and age with fuel and
electricity rates rising sharply that in certain places hanging
clothes on outside lines is not allowed! How stupid! Although 99% of
our electrcity is generated here by non polluting water power they dry
nicely and are soft and fluffy dried in the breeze without the use of
'fabric softeners' etc!