Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default wall chasing

Sam wrote:

Thanks. I have returned the channeling and have exchanged it for the
oval conduit. How does this affect the rating of the T&E?

It reduces it a little, but not much. Column C is the normal figure for
"clipped direct" or a cable buried directly in plaster. Using conduit
results in de-rating to the figures shown in column A. So 2.5mm T&E
drops from 27A to 23A

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Cables#T.26E

I looked at the URL you gave for the wiki and that's not the page I
found. I must have found a different DIY site (via google).

Thought that may be the case since our one probably answered your
question! ;-)

I read some old posts about the Aldi wall chaser. Now that people have
had time to play with them, what were your experiences?

Not tried the aldi one. I have a Sparky one, which is ok, and does a
good job of eliminating the dust. Has slightly awkward handling though.

--
Cheers,

John.