Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Riley Bill Riley is offline

Default Driveway Pavers and Sealing

We recently had our 500 sq.ft. concrete driveway demolished and replaced
with pavers. We would like to seal the pavers, but the contractor who
installed them is quoting $2/sq.ft., or $1,000. The paver maker,
CalStone, has a recommended sealer in its broshure that is available for
$40/gal. Two gallons would be more than enough. The broshure says the
pavers can be sealed immediately after installation.

It looks like I just need to roll on the sealer since the pavers are new
and clean. Is there something I'm missing? This contractor was
reasonable for the installation part of the job, so I'm wondering what
else he would do that results in $1,000 worth of work.