Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removal of original 1880s and 1928 renovation wiring

"RBM" wrote in message
The following are pictures of a house built in the 1880's which originally
had a 30 amp 120 volt service, entering in the attic, with a K&T fuse
panel, also in the attic. The house had gas lamps in both walls and
ceilings, which were disconnected and changed to electric in a 1928
renovation/ addition. The 1928 work included making the attic into an
apartment. The K&T was from the original build, and all the other cable
types were subsequent, including the 1928 renovation, up until present.
The beverage containers could have been from the original construction, or
possibly the 28' renovation despite prohibition

Thanks for the pics Roy. They brought back some memories. I recall at
least one house where the gas lines were still live.

I don't think I have ever seen fuse boxes like those. Are they plaster
lined wood frames?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...sNodatesto.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...assbushing.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...raguecable.jpg