Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Aldi SDS+, Was: Aldi Plumbers tools

Steve coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:29:35 +0100, Tim S wrote:

and now:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2867_6953.htm

Might be useful for a bit of concrete related brutality. Anyone had a
previous Aldi SDS?

Just like the one that broke my hand last year!, I have some doubts about
the clutch

I just emailed walter-service.com about that, PRESUMING that like the wall
chaser, the ALDI SDS is really a Walter...

I had back a reply very quickly, and I quote an excerpt:

"The rotary hammer is fitted with a safety clutch and this is tested /
calibrated on the production line.

Calculated according to the relevant European standard (EN 60745) the max
slip torque for the safety clutch in this machine is 68 Nm."

Cheers

Tim