Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Apostasy: Texan can't park pickup in driveway

In article , h wrote:

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message
.. .
Paul MR wrote in
:

Harry K wrote:
On Aug 18, 5:24 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
"[FRISCO, TX] Jim Greenwood said he never dreamed his HOA would have
a problem with his new Ford F-150 pickup. Then he received the first
of three notices threatening him with fines.

"Stonebriar HOA rules allow several luxury trucks on driveways,
including the Cadillac Escalade, Chevy Avalanche, Honda Ridgeline
and Lincoln Mark LT.

"But most Ford, Dodge or Chevy pickups are restricted."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ws/stories/DN-

First they came for the Fords. I didn't protest because I didn't
have a Ford...

Gee....you don't suppose someone buying a house in a HOA should have
read the rules first?

You're kidding, right? The last set of HOA rules I saw were in two
binders, each one thicker than a major city telephone book.

Buyer beware. Never buy where there is a HOA. There's the guy who was
told he couldn't fly the US flag in his yard.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=18093

Those stupid HOAs CAUSE more problems.

If you can see more than two of your neighbors from your house, you live too
close together for my taste. The idea of an HOA makes sense in the city, if
it's condos or the buildings are attached, but not for free-standing
single-family homes. Why on earth does anyone put up with that?

Because too many people are "sheeple" that "go along to get along",
especially for rules that offer (even if only by illusion) protection from
downward mobility or lack of upward mobility of the sale price of their
housing units.

So too many people do not resist anal-orifice busybodies when they run
for election to HOA boards or when they do their dirty busybody deeds once
the busybodies get elected.

And so, in some HOA neighborhoods, one cannot do car repairs on one's
own driveway much beyond changing a tire, and in extreme cases one even
cannot engage in a nice good long kiss with a date in front of one's own
front door. And one can get into trouble for painting one's screen door
with the wrong finish-grade of white paint.

- DEon Klipstein )