Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi SDS+, Was: Aldi Plumbers tools

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
You've changed your tune. At one time you said the sites were full of
tradesmen using 'shed' brands relying on the long warranty to give them
value. Perhaps you've actually visited some sites.

No one uses cheap SDS drills. The only one I know, used a £25 cheapo as
a distress purchase when his SDS burnt out on a job. I know another
who has a £25 cheapie in his van in case his prime SDS burns out. This
gives reduces down time until the prime SDS is replaced ASAP, like next
day from Screwfix direct to a job. Down time can kill the profit on a
job if it runs over another day and another customer is waiting for a
promised 8:00 am start the next day.

I know many who have cheapish battery drills and mains general purpose
drills.

The one thing that shows up a cheap cordless tool is the poor batteries
(and often poor charger). Both making their use for pro work a nonsense.

--
*What boots up must come down *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.