Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Aldi SDS+, Was: Aldi Plumbers tools

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Don't expect budget SDS drills to last when under intense use. They are
fine for "occasional" DIY use. Budget mains drills are fine, they are
great value for money.

You've changed your tune. At one time you said the sites were full of
tradesmen using 'shed' brands relying on the long warranty to give them
value. Perhaps you've actually visited some sites.

No one uses cheap SDS drills. The only one I know, used a £25 cheapo as a
distress purchase when his SDS burnt out on a job. I know another who has a
£25 cheapie in his van in case his prime SDS burns out. This gives reduces
down time until the prime SDS is replaced ASAP, like next day from Screwfix
direct to a job. Down time can kill the profit on a job if it runs over
another day and another customer is waiting for a promised 8:00 am start the
next day.

I know many who have cheapish battery drills and mains general purpose
drills.