Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old Vigor Burnout Furnace adapted to heat treating

On 2008-08-18, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
What color is the Neon - is it orange or red ?

Which one? The one in Joe's furnace, or the ones in my
surge-protector/outlet-switch-box?

In the latter case, *all* of them are now dark, so I can't tell
for sure. Also, the switch rockers are orange plastic, so I probably
could not tell even if they were still glowing.

Red means there is a trace element to help it keep going... a nuke particle.

Interesting.

That is the difference between the NE2 and the NE2H versions. The
NE2H was made for higher current, and brightness but some cheapskates
use the standard version to save a few pennies while knowing it won't
last very long.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.