Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Old Vigor Burnout Furnace adapted to heat treating

On 2008-08-18, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
What color is the Neon - is it orange or red ?

Which one? The one in Joe's furnace, or the ones in my
surge-protector/outlet-switch-box?

In the latter case, *all* of them are now dark, so I can't tell
for sure. Also, the switch rockers are orange plastic, so I probably
could not tell even if they were still glowing.

Red means there is a trace element to help it keep going... a nuke particle.

Interesting.

Might be over driven - e.g. - more current than normal so the intensity
stays on longer.

That was what I was suspecting. Some are set up to just be
minimal glow, while others are set up to be clearly visible even in a
bright room.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564