Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Apostasy: Texan can't park pickup in driveway

On Aug 18, 3:53*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:41:16 -0500, dpb wrote:
larry moe 'n curly wrote:
Why is a Honda Ridgeline considered a luxury truck? *What makes it
more luxurious than an F-150 or Silverado?

Somebody on the HOA board had one when they were drafting the covenants,
of course...

This really sounds more like an operational rule than a bylaw or deed
restriction. I bet if you could get 30 people to show up at an annual
meeting you could change it.
I bet the deed restriction only uses language like "work truck" or
"commercial vehicle" and the definition is left up to the board.
In my little HOA we actually killed the deed restrictions altogether,
just by getting enough people to show up. These things usually sunset
if you don't renew them. All you need to do is show up at that meeting
with the votes and let them die. The world is controlled by those who
show up.

Truly excellent advice, and words to live by.